Classic Carryalls for the New Year
Classic Carryalls for the New YearJanuary 9, 2013
Each New Year, I try to be more organized than the last, determined to beat back the inevitable clutter that creeps up to claim my desk. A new calendar, a bright block of Sticky Notes, a pack of my favorite pens, and a deep clean (it will happen any day now, I swear) all help to make a fresh start easier. But a stylish leather tote to cart my laptop, planner, and assorted files to and from the office is what's at the top of my 2013 wish list. Check out a few of my favorites below:
1. With timeless good looks, this roomy carryall in chestnut leather from Charlottesville, Virginia boutique And George won’t go out of style.
2. A collaboration between Virginia-based leather goods company Moore & Giles and interior design duo Nicki Clendening and Callie Jenschke, this day-to-night satchel is made of soft toffee-hued leather and has three separate interior compartments with plenty of space for stowing work and personal items.
3. Oughton Limited’s equestrian inspired Course Tote is made of cotton canvas and pebbled orange leather. The generous size allows it to double as an overnight bag.
4. This easy-access shoulder bag from ColsenKeane works for him or for her. Each is hand-made in the company’s Charlotte, North Carolina studio.
5. Made of remnants from vintage hand-loomed Dhurrie rugs, each of these totes from Will Leather Goods is inherently unique, and the geometric patterns are pretty irresistible.