Total StudsJune 27, 2011
For most of my adult life, I've collected chandelier earrings and hoops and other bohemian shoulder dusters.
But over the last year or so, I haven't been wearing them much. The whole big earring thing doesn't hold much allure for me anymore.
Unless I have on a cocktail dress, I feel like I have Christmas ornaments dangling from my ears when I put them on now.
Instead, I'm inspired by all the stud earrings that are out there. They're just as stylish but they dial back the bold factor a little (not to mention the weight factor).
A few of my favorites follow below:
1) Sculptural studs. These studs by Made Her Think look like teardrops. And the blush hue is perfect.
2) Drusy studs. They're more down-to-earth than diamonds. This pair from Max & Chloe has just the right amount of sparkle.
3) Candy-colored studs. I love turquoise anything, and I've been eyeing these beautiful fifties-style costume studs from Kate Spade.
4) Fool's gold studs. This may sound totally out there to some folks but I'm really into the burnished metallic look of fool's gold. This pair by Nubambu doesn't overdo it with the "rock" aesthetic. They would look fabulous with a kelly green chiffon shirtdress.
5) Geometric studs. This chic clover-leaf/quatrefoil motif reminds me of a beautiful tile pattern. From Furbish Studio.