Job Opening: Branded Content Editor
The person will edit all branded content, including articles, newsletters, and social media posts
Garden & Gun seeks a detail-oriented and energetic journalist to join our editorial digital team as a Branded Content Editor. The person will work closely with our Marketing and Sales teams to help conceive, edit, and produce branded content packages that will achieve sponsors’ goals as well as engage and serve G&G readers and viewers. This role will be responsible for editing all branded content, including articles, newsletters, and social media posts. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience editing branded content. A firm understanding of the South and the primary areas of G&G focus (food and drink, home and garden, arts & culture, music, travel, and sporting life) is also required.
The position reports to the Chief Digital Officer.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Represent the Editorial team in working with the Sales and Marketing teams to help conceive ideas that meet sponsor objectives and adhere to editorial standards, as well as serve readers and viewers
• Edit all branded content, including articles, newsletters, and social media posts, to meet G&G standards, voice, and style, as well as sponsor objectives. Editing will include top-line as well as copy editing
• Ensure branded content programs adhere to schedule, with timely delivery of edited copy and other assets to the marketing department
• Edit non-sponsored content when needed
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
• 3+ years of direct experience writing or editing branded content
• Keen attention to detail and deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Collaborative team player
For immediate consideration please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: General Manager, Garden & Gun Club in Atlanta
The person will be responsible for guiding the dining experience and operations at our restaurant in Atlanta
Job Opening: Garden & Gun Fieldshop Store Manager
The person will be responsible for managing the store, including customer satisfaction, sales, and staffing
Job Opening: Marketing Copywriter
The person will create engaging copy for use across all Garden & Gun platforms
Food & Drink
A State-by-State Guide to the South’s 35 Best Oysters
Oyster experts from around the South weigh in on their favorite oysters, by state
Food & Drink
How an Award-Winning Pastry Chef Doctors Up Boxed Cornbread
Even Kelly Fields whips up a box of Jiffy every once in a while. Here’s how she makes the store-bought stuff her own
Five Out-of-the-Way Spring Break Escapes
Remote Southern retreats to help you unwind and unplug