Job Opening: Branded Content Editor
The person will edit all branded content, including articles, newsletters, and social media posts
Garden & Gun seeks a detail-oriented and energetic journalist to join our editorial digital team as a Branded Content Editor. The person will work closely with our Marketing and Sales teams to help conceive, edit, and produce branded content packages that will achieve sponsors’ goals as well as engage and serve G&G readers and viewers. This role will be responsible for editing all branded content, including articles, newsletters, and social media posts. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience editing branded content. A firm understanding of the South and the primary areas of G&G focus (food and drink, home and garden, arts & culture, music, travel, and sporting life) is also required.
The position reports to the Chief Digital Officer.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Represent the Editorial team in working with the Sales and Marketing teams to help conceive ideas that meet sponsor objectives and adhere to editorial standards, as well as serve readers and viewers
• Edit all branded content, including articles, newsletters, and social media posts, to meet G&G standards, voice, and style, as well as sponsor objectives. Editing will include top-line as well as copy editing
• Ensure branded content programs adhere to schedule, with timely delivery of edited copy and other assets to the marketing department
• Edit non-sponsored content when needed
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
• 3+ years of direct experience writing or editing branded content
• Keen attention to detail and deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Collaborative team player
For immediate consideration please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: Marketing Copy Manager
The person will coordinate all G&G marketing copy projects, including planning, execution, and evaluation
Job Opening: Digital Sales Coordinator
The position will help execute digital marketing programs for our advertising partners and work to engage and grow the brand’s audience
Job Opening: Senior Events Manager
The position is focused on executing all aspects of G&G events
Food & Drink
25 Outstanding Restaurants Worth the Drive
Soak up a New Orleans grande dame, head to a Northwest Arkansas mezcaleria, or point the car toward a retro North Carolina steak house: These 25 eateries worth a trip will transport you
Six Coveted Fall Bourbon Releases—and Alternative Sips to Try
While scoring a hard-to-find bottle is a thrill, there’s a wealth of flavors to explore
Past Meets Present on a Tennessee Farm
The past merges handsomely with the future on a riverside escape