Job Opening: Branded Content Editor
The person will edit all branded content, including articles, newsletters, and social media posts
Garden & Gun seeks a detail-oriented and energetic journalist to join our editorial digital team as a Branded Content Editor. The person will work closely with our Marketing and Sales teams to help conceive, edit, and produce branded content packages that will achieve sponsors’ goals as well as engage and serve G&G readers and viewers. This role will be responsible for editing all branded content, including articles, newsletters, and social media posts. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience editing branded content. A firm understanding of the South and the primary areas of G&G focus (food and drink, home and garden, arts & culture, music, travel, and sporting life) is also required.
The position reports to the Chief Digital Officer.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Represent the Editorial team in working with the Sales and Marketing teams to help conceive ideas that meet sponsor objectives and adhere to editorial standards, as well as serve readers and viewers
• Edit all branded content, including articles, newsletters, and social media posts, to meet G&G standards, voice, and style, as well as sponsor objectives. Editing will include top-line as well as copy editing
• Ensure branded content programs adhere to schedule, with timely delivery of edited copy and other assets to the marketing department
• Edit non-sponsored content when needed
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
• 3+ years of direct experience writing or editing branded content
• Keen attention to detail and deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Collaborative team player
For immediate consideration please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: Events Director
The position will lead all aspects of planning and executing G&G events at the highest level
Welcome to G&G Reads, Our New Book Club
Our book club highlights the best of the South’s new books with exclusive author interviews, opportunities to ask your own questions, and insider conversations about the stories behind the stories.
GARDEN & GUN PRESENTS
Five-Word Dog Stories
We asked readers to tell us their sweetest, silliest, and shortest canine tales. Here are illustrated versions of some of our favorites.
Head On Over to “Reba’s Place”
Country superstar Reba McEntire is set to open an intimate music venue in her Oklahoma hometown
The Wild South
The Holy Grails of Southern Shells
Scouring a beach for seashells? Keep an eye out for these three prized—and gorgeous—finds
Food & Drink
The Art of the Tampa Cuban
A Tampa native dishes on the city’s most famous sandwich—and what it takes to make it