Job Opening: Digital Media Planner
The individual will be responsible for the digital execution of advertiser campaigns
Note: This position is no longer open.
Garden & Gun seeks a digital media planner who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and is ready to develop strategic media recommendations and ROI-driven digital marketing programs for G&G partners. The candidate must have curiosity to stay ahead of a changing and complex marketplace, and an understanding of how these changes will impact client objectives.
● Manage all digital campaigns. This includes media plans, ad trafficking, creative optimization, troubleshooting, and post-campaign reporting and analysis.
● Monitor current campaigns and website inventory and provide regular updates to sales team and management
● Serve as primary point of contact for 3rd party ad operation partner
● Keep informed on digital industry news and share with management and sales
● Collaborate with G&G editorial, sales, and marketing counterparts to ideate, develop, and implement integrated media strategies for the company and G&G partners
● Work with integrated marketing on digital marketing programs that could include sponsored content, custom videos, sweepstakes/contests, and blogger programs. Work with respective departments to ensure program execution is performing and meeting the defined KPIs. Manage outside 3rd party vendors and freelancers on projects, to achieve successful and cost-effective outcomes and manage budgets
● Participate and in some cases lead kick-off calls for new campaigns and assist in preparations and follow-up for client meetings and prepare recaps
● BA/BS Degree or equivalent
● At least 2-3 years’ experience working at a media agency or publisher managing a brand’s digital advertising strategy and buying activities, magazine publishing experience is preferred
● Proven track record of negotiating, structuring, and closing complex brand partnerships, specifically with regards to media planning, analytics, and reporting
● Strong competency in Google Analytics and DFP is required, and must have very strong knowledge of digital: from operations to web advertising units/capabilities to implementation of digital marketing concepts as well as knowledge and comfort with all social media platforms, apps, and tablet platforms for media/publishing
● Familiarity with ad trafficking, including experience setting up, testing creative, managing, and reporting on digital campaigns
● An entrepreneurial mindset with strong desire to work in sales and team environment.
● Lead in the creation of proposals for incoming RFP’s by creating media plans to meet advertiser needs
● Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Proactive and engaging, with a positive approach towards problem-solving
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Opening: Designer, Marketing
The person will design content across all media platforms, including print, digital, social, and experiential
Job Opening: Associate Digital Marketing Manager
The person will manage the brand’s digital marketing and advertiser programs
Job Opening: Managing Editor
The person will oversee and coordinate the magazine’s print and digital production
The Lasting Power of Larry McMurtry’s Not-So-Secret Texas Truths
In a new book, writers pay homage to his words. Read an exclusive excerpt here
Food & Drink
Six Grilling Tips from Rodney Scott and Bryan Furman
The Southern pitmasters share a few rules of thumb
Arts & Culture
Meet Blackmon Huckabee Jr., Clemson’s Viral TikTok Crooner
A Tiger wide receiver scores big on SportsCenter—with his singing voice