Job Opening: Events Coordinator
The person in the position will assist in all aspects of G&G Events
Garden & Gun seeks an energetic Events Coordinator to help with all aspects of planning and executing G&G events.
The position reports to the Senior Events Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Sourcing event venues, negotiating contracts, logistical planning, tracking and reporting result
• Assisting the Events Team in the execution of events, including logistics, PR, budgeting and all other related activities
• Working internally with the Marketing department on advertiser event executions
• Setting up and managing online event registration system for events and event website
• Helping to write and edit marketing copy for print ads, websites, emails and onsite collateral
• Preparing all materials to be distributed during events [i.e., itineraries, place cards, signage, etc.]
• Manage vendor relationships and venue properties to minimize costs and ensure expenses are competitive and fair
Job Requirements include:
• 1-2 years event planning experience
• Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for marketing and southern culture
• Creative and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to plan, organize and execute projects which require careful attention to detail, strong oral and written communication skills [proposal writing a plus], effective interpersonal skills and knowledge of event management
• Travel to events throughout the country ( access to reliable transportation required)
• Able to work well in a fast-paced team environment and present a professional demeanor
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products. Experience with InDesign and Photoshop are pluses
For immediate consideration please email your resume and cover letter to Ellie Gumenick Spann, firstname.lastname@example.org
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the Spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: Designer, Marketing
The person will design content across all media platforms, including print, digital, social, and experiential
Job Opening: Events Director
The position will lead all aspects of planning and executing G&G events at the highest level
Welcome to G&G Reads, Our New Book Club
Our book club highlights the best of the South’s new books with exclusive author interviews, opportunities to ask your own questions, and insider conversations about the stories behind the stories.
Arts & Culture
A South Carolina Seafood Company Reveals a Piece of Forrest Gump History
How much shrimp is required to create a movie classic? About six thousand pounds, apparently
Food & Drink
Pimento Cheese’s Kentucky Cousin
Try this simple recipe for Benedictine spread, a Louisville favorite
Food & Drink
A Century-Old Trout Hatchery in Virginia Is Making Waves
From his farm in New Castle, one man is on a mission to put Southern trout back on plates