Job Opening: Events Coordinator
The person will assist Garden & Gun’s event team in hosting signature brand experiences
Note: We are no longer accepting applications for this position
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas.
The Garden & Gun Integrated Marketing department hosts signature brand experiences and partners with various G&G advertisers to execute over 60 events per year. This team seeks an organized, hardworking, and detail-oriented Events Coordinator to learn and implement G&G’s event programs. The perfect candidate is creative, accommodating, and eager to learn the ins and outs of the dynamic G&G brand and its exciting projects.
This position reports directly to the Events Manager.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Aid in pre-event planning, promotion, and coordinating, including managing ticket sales, vendor agreements, collateral, rental orders, run of shows, budgeting, etc.
• Research and secure local venues, photographers, vendors, and social influencers according to event locations
• Communicate directly with clients and vendors during the planning process
• Lead execution of events, including logistics, PR, marketing, budgeting and all other related activities
• Lead and/or assist on-site at G&G events (roles include check-in, vendor management, client management, set-up/breakdown, timeline management, gift bags, etc.)
• Assist in managing the G&G Events email account with Events Intern
• Run event-related errands such as rental deliveries and product pick up when necessary
• Assist with various post-event follow up tasks, such as thank you notes, online photo galleries, surveys and event recaps
Ideal Skills & Attributes
• Knowledge and familiarity of the G&G brand
• Knowledge and familiarity of the event industry and leading players (photographers, florists, venues, etc.)
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign & Photoshop a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of one to two years event planning experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Efficient in organization, communication, and time management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work independently on various projects
• Able bodied for set up and breakdown of events
• Creative and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to plan, organize and execute projects which require careful attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite
• Ability to travel when required for events (including weekends)
• Able to work well in a fast-paced team environment and present a professional demeanor
• Must have access to a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
For immediate consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications due by Friday, March 15
Welcome to G&G Reads, Our New Book Club
Our book club highlights the best of the South’s new books with exclusive author interviews, opportunities to ask your own questions, and insider conversations about the stories behind the stories.
GARDEN & GUN PRESENTS
Five-Word Dog Stories
We asked readers to tell us their sweetest, silliest, and shortest canine tales. Here are illustrated versions of some of our favorites.
Job Opening: Marketing Copy Manager
The person will coordinate all G&G marketing copy projects, including planning, execution, and evaluation
Best Southern Soup Recipes
A roundup of classic and modern dishes to celebrate the season—from gumbo to bisque and everything in between
Five Unique State Park Stays in the South
From cozy Texas cabins to a yurt in Virginia, these lodging options show how state parks have been upping their games
Food & Drink
Southern Kitchen Essentials According to Nathalie Dupree
In her downsizing move from Charleston to Raleigh, the celebrated Southern chef got down to the basics