Job Opening: Garden & Gun Fieldshop Store Manager
The person will be responsible for managing the store, including customer satisfaction, sales, and staffing
Fieldshop, Garden & Gun’s first bricks and mortar boutique, opened in August 2016 in Charleston, S.C., in The Dewberry hotel. Fieldshop offers a unique retail experience with a curated collection of products from around the world, all through the lens of Garden & Gun.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Fieldshop Store Manager candidates should be results-driven and will be responsible for the overall store management. The successful store manager will be able to enhance customer satisfaction, meet sales goals, and effectively manage staff.
Fieldshop Store Manager will be based in Charleston, S.C., where the majority of the role will be working in-store, while a portion will be dedicated to office work, including: organizing pop-ups, creating initiatives with the Dewberry, and product research. This position will report to the Retail Director.
• Set individual goals, monitor and proactively manage performance against expectations
• Manage day-to-day activities of sales floor to meet sales goals
• Educate customers on the brand; Demonstrate brand and product knowledge during all interactions with customers and co-workers
• Set the bar by leading the team with salesmanship, customer interactions and clienteling
• Run reports on daily and monthly sales performance
• Recruit, train and develop part-time sales associates
• Provide continuous training and product knowledge
• Supervise staff and enforce policies and procedures
• Help achieve and motivate associate performance
• Build an environment that is highly focused on consistently delivering a pleasurable shopping experience
• Organize and run pop-up events with assistance from Retail team
• Responsible for creating an environment that ensures the best client experience / highest level of customer service.
• Build strong base of clients locally as well as out of state
• Network within local market and neighboring areas to increase brand awareness and potential partnerships
• Manage and assist with customer service issues, special requests, etc.
• Perform monthly physical counts to maintain inventory accuracy and monitor shrink
• Understand merchandise assortment
• Prioritize merchandise replenishment requests to maximize sales
• Identify visual and merchandise opportunities based on selling and customer service feedback
• Assist with quarterly installations and remerchandising upon request
• Responsible for store upkeep and appearance
• Create weekly schedule for all associates
• Field and fulfill requests from members of the corporate team.
• Follow all company policies and procedures to ensure operational excellence.
• Provide feedback on product, opportunities for improvement, customer comments and communicate to the Retail Director, Marketing/PR, and leadership.
JOB REQUIREMENTS – EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in retail management and sales
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Familiarity with store operations; inventory procedures.
• POS experience; Microsoft Proficient
• Strong organizational skills
• Possess strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Able to work with and meet sales and tasks deadlines
• Be flexible and have the ability to manage change
• Ability to work and problem solve as challenges arise
• Bachelor Degree, Business Administration or relevant field
Interested parties please reply with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: Marketing Copy Manager
The person will coordinate all G&G marketing copy projects, including planning, execution, and evaluation
Job Opening: Digital Sales Coordinator
The position will help execute digital marketing programs for our advertising partners and work to engage and grow the brand’s audience
Job Opening: Senior Events Manager
The position is focused on executing all aspects of G&G events
Arts & Culture
Boone, North Carolina: A Hippie Town with a (Serious) Football Problem
One local’s take on Appalachian State’s gridiron success—and why this mountain town just might win you over
The Southerners’ Big Fall Reading List
G&G editors and contributors share what books to cozy up with this autumn
Six Coveted Fall Bourbon Releases—and Alternative Sips to Try
While scoring a hard-to-find bottle is a thrill, there’s a wealth of flavors to explore