Job Opening: Marketing Copywriter
The person will create engaging copy for use across all Garden & Gun platforms
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is looking for a copywriter to join our integrated marketing team. The ideal candidate possesses excellent writing and grammatical skills, creativity, and attention to detail. Experience as a copywriter or editor for an advertising agency or media company is highly preferred. This role will report to the Associate Publisher, Marketing, and will work closely with the entire marketing team. This is a hybrid position with work from home opportunities.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Creating engaging copy for use across all of Garden & Gun platforms (print, digital, social) and businesses (magazine, website, retail, restaurant, events)
• Writing clear, concise, and effective branded content stories, for use both in-magazine and online
• Managing and edit freelance writers on branded content projects as needed
• Crafting brand copy for sales materials, including presentations and digital marketing platforms
• Developing copy for sponsored editions of Garden & Gun newsletters, Talk of the South and the Skillet
• Developing copy for sponsored social media posts (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) in partnership with advertising clients
• Writing clear, creative, and engaging copy for event collateral, including invitations, signage, and photo captions
• Collaborating with Garden & Gun’s retail team on product copy for the ecommerce site and promotional materials including newsletters and social media posts
• Proofreading and copy editing marketing materials as needed
• Ensuring that all marketing copy has a clear and consistent brand voice in alignment with Garden & Gun’s editorial standards and style
A successful candidate will possess the following qualities/skills/abilities:
• Ability to write with impeccable spelling and grammar
• Excellent storytelling abilities and a curious eye for unique details
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to self-motivate and stay organized
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, journalism, or communications with emphasis on writing is preferred
• 4-6 years of copywriting experience, ad agency or editorial experience preferred
For immediate consideration please email your resume, cover letter and samples of your work to Colleen Glenn, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Welcome to G&G Reads, Our New Book Club
Our book club highlights the best of the South’s new books with exclusive author interviews, opportunities to ask your own questions, and insider conversations about the stories behind the stories.
GARDEN & GUN PRESENTS
Five-Word Dog Stories
We asked readers to tell us their sweetest, silliest, and shortest canine tales. Here are illustrated versions of some of our favorites.
Job Opening: Marketing Copy Manager
The person will coordinate all G&G marketing copy projects, including planning, execution, and evaluation
Best Southern Soup Recipes
A roundup of classic and modern dishes to celebrate the season—from gumbo to bisque and everything in between
Five Unique State Park Stays in the South
From cozy Texas cabins to a yurt in Virginia, these lodging options show how state parks have been upping their games
Food & Drink
Southern Kitchen Essentials According to Nathalie Dupree
In her downsizing move from Charleston to Raleigh, the celebrated Southern chef got down to the basics