Job Opening: Producer
The position is focused on producing digital content for the website, newsletters, and social media
Note: This position is no longer open.
Garden & Gun seeks a creative, energetic, and meticulous journalist to join our digital team as a Producer. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in producing digital content for a variety of platforms, particularly for the web, newsletters, and social media. The producer will be expected to manage and prioritize various projects at any given time, including producing urgent articles, branded content items, evergreen stories, and more. The person will do so with an eye for detail and an excellent grasp of how to best present content to our readers. A firm understanding of the South and the primary areas of G&G focus (food and drink, home and garden, arts & culture, music, travel, and sporting) is a must.
This position reports to the Chief Digital Officer.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Build, review, and publish stories to gardenandgun.com, including content from print issues, digital-only articles from staff members and freelancers, and sponsored content. This will include articles, slideshows, recipes, features, lists, and curated packages.
• Build and deploy newsletters, including sponsored and non-sponsored newsletters (currently Talk of the South, the Skillet, Good Hunting).
• Organize and coordinate the production of special online projects, like the annual March bracket, Good Dog Photo Contest, and other initiatives.
• Manage production and distribution of G&G’s digital editions.
• Update the homepage and other areas of the website to maximize traffic and engagement.
• Create curated content packages based on most-searched content that will serve users and advertisers.
• Write engaging headlines and other display copy.
• Choose images that attract readers’ attention, giving close consideration to cropping and sizing for digital display.
• Write as needed, especially in areas of expertise.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
• 1-2 years’ experience producing digital content
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Keen attention to detail and strong organization skills
• Superb time management, prioritization of tasks, and ability to meet deadlines
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: Designer, Marketing
The person will design content across all media platforms, including print, digital, social, and experiential
Job Opening: Events Director
The position will lead all aspects of planning and executing G&G events at the highest level
Welcome to G&G Reads, Our New Book Club
Our book club highlights the best of the South’s new books with exclusive author interviews, opportunities to ask your own questions, and insider conversations about the stories behind the stories.
Arts & Culture
A South Carolina Seafood Company Reveals a Piece of Forrest Gump History
How much shrimp is required to create a movie classic? About six thousand pounds, apparently
Food & Drink
Pimento Cheese’s Kentucky Cousin
Try this simple recipe for Benedictine spread, a Louisville favorite
Food & Drink
A Century-Old Trout Hatchery in Virginia Is Making Waves
From his farm in New Castle, one man is on a mission to put Southern trout back on plates