Job Opening: Producer
The position is focused on producing digital content for the website, newsletters, and social media
Note: This position is no longer open.
Garden & Gun seeks a creative, energetic, and meticulous journalist to join our digital team as a Producer. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in producing digital content for a variety of platforms, particularly for the web, newsletters, and social media. The producer will be expected to manage and prioritize various projects at any given time, including producing urgent articles, branded content items, evergreen stories, and more. The person will do so with an eye for detail and an excellent grasp of how to best present content to our readers. A firm understanding of the South and the primary areas of G&G focus (food and drink, home and garden, arts & culture, music, travel, and sporting) is a must.
This position reports to the Chief Digital Officer.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Build, review, and publish stories to gardenandgun.com, including content from print issues, digital-only articles from staff members and freelancers, and sponsored content. This will include articles, slideshows, recipes, features, lists, and curated packages.
• Build and deploy newsletters, including sponsored and non-sponsored newsletters (currently Talk of the South, the Skillet, Good Hunting).
• Organize and coordinate the production of special online projects, like the annual March bracket, Good Dog Photo Contest, and other initiatives.
• Manage production and distribution of G&G’s digital editions.
• Update the homepage and other areas of the website to maximize traffic and engagement.
• Create curated content packages based on most-searched content that will serve users and advertisers.
• Write engaging headlines and other display copy.
• Choose images that attract readers’ attention, giving close consideration to cropping and sizing for digital display.
• Write as needed, especially in areas of expertise.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
• 1-2 years’ experience producing digital content
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Keen attention to detail and strong organization skills
• Superb time management, prioritization of tasks, and ability to meet deadlines
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: Senior Events Manager
The person will lead all aspects of planning and executing G&G events at the highest level
Job Opening: Social Media Assistant (Part-Time)
The person will assist in brainstorming, creating, and scheduling social media posts
Job Opening: Designer, Marketing
The person will design content across all media platforms, including print, digital, social, and experiential
Home & Garden
Thirty Ways to Make Your Garden Look Older
Garden pros share tips for giving your green spot a sense of Southern story
A Perfect Fall Weekend in Edenton, North Carolina
North Carolina’s Inner Banks have a surprising political history, famous barbecue, and the best grilled cheese oysters you’ve never heard of
In the Studio with Vincent Neil Emerson and Shooter Jennings
The Grammy-winning producer Jennings helps Emerson tap into his rock-and-roll spirit on his new album, The Golden Crystal Kingdom