Job Opening: Senior Events Manager
The position is focused on executing all aspects of G&G events
Note: This position is no longer open.
Garden & Gun executes a range of events from VIP cocktail parties to international sporting weekends. The Senior Events Manager will lead all aspects of planning and executing G&G events at the highest level. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the Garden & Gun brand, be highly creative and very organized. The position reports to the Associate Publisher, Marketing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Must have strong cross-collaboration skills and will work with the internal Creative, Sales, and Marketing teams
• Manage logistical components of all G&G event executions
• Create event design concepts and mood boards in conjunction with G&G design team
• Vendor research, coordination, contracts and communications (rentals, florals, photographers, caterers, musicians, venues, etc.)
• Create and manage timelines and schedule of deliverables
• Oversee ticketing process
• Spearhead event talent communications (hosts, chefs, mixologists, etc.)
• Manage all guest communications
• Conceptualize and project manage creation of all event collateral (menus, itineraries, place cards, etc.)
• Run of shows for staff, clients, partners and vendors
• Brainstorming with marketing team to conceptualize new event ideas/extensions for potential sponsors
• Manage the Events Coordinator and Events Intern
Job requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree with minimum 6-8 years of event production experience
• Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for events and Southern culture
• Creative and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to plan, organize and execute projects which require careful attention to detail
• Travel to events throughout the country
• Able to work well in a fast-paced team environment and present a professional demeanor
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products. Experience with InDesign and Photoshop are pluses
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: Associate Digital Marketing Manager
The person will manage the brand’s digital marketing and advertiser programs
Job Opening: Managing Editor
The person will oversee and coordinate the magazine’s print and digital production
Sign Up for Our Talk of the South newsletter
Our flagship newsletter provides the best and latest from the editors of Garden & Gun.
The Lasting Power of Larry McMurtry’s Not-So-Secret Texas Truths
In a new book, writers pay homage to his words. Read an exclusive excerpt here
Food & Drink
Six Grilling Tips from Rodney Scott and Bryan Furman
The Southern pitmasters share a few rules of thumb
Arts & Culture
Meet Blackmon Huckabee Jr., Clemson’s Viral TikTok Crooner
A Tiger wide receiver scores big on SportsCenter—with his singing voice