Garden & Gun, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of over 700,000 passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the Spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
What’s in a Name?
“I am often asked about the title of the magazine, particularly from folks who have not read the magazine yet. The simplest explanation that I can offer is that it is a metaphor for the South—its land, the people, their lifestyle, and their heritage.” Rebecca Wesson Darwin, President and CEO, Garden & Gun
More of Garden & Gun…
In addition to the bi-monthly print publication, G&G also offers:
• Talk of the South Newsletter: From The Editors at G&G, our email newsletter brings original content to its subscriber’s inboxes each week. (visit: gardenandgun.com/signup)
• Daily Shot Blogs – Brought to you by the Editors and Contributing Writers of Garden & Gun (visit: gardenandgun.com/blog )
- A Southern Focus – G&G’s blog dedicated to photography and art
- Belle Décor – The G&G Style blog
- Good Eats – The G&G Food blog
- Southern in the City – G&G outside The South
- Southern Sounds – The G&G Music blog
- The Sporting South – The G&G Sporting blog
• The Garden & Gun Club (visit: gardenandgunclub.com for membership and event details) Bringing the pages of the magazine to life with events across the South that range from exclusive dinners, to sporting weekends, and more.
• The Garden & Gun Store featuring the G&G Exclusives collection (visit: gardenandgunstore.com) From signature items for the G&G enthusiast to exclusively-designed goods from some of the hottest tastemakers in the US, the store offers a range of items for everyone in the family (including the dog).
• Garden & Gun Excursions (visit: gardenandgunexcursions.com) Uniquely-curated travel experiences for the serious outdoor enthusiast brought to you exclusively from Garden & Gun.
• Made in the South Awards (visit: gardenandgun.com/madeinthesouth) In celebration of the rich cultural tradition of Southern craft, design and ingenuity, the editors of G&G created the Made in the South Awards. The Awards recognize the best of the best of Southern product in the food, outdoors, style & design and home categories.
AWARDS and ACCOLADES
MIN Editorial & Design Awards, Winner – Photojournalism Award, “The Call of the Hunt”
ASME, National Magazine Award Nominee, General Excellence:
ASME, National Magazine Award Nominee, Single Topic Issue Category
ASME, Best Sporting Cover, Finalist
Advertising Age’s 2011 Magazine A-List
ASME, National Magazine Award WINNER, General Excellence: Food, Travel & Design
James Beard Foundation Journalism Award
Grand GAMMA Award
MIN Magazine, Best of the Web
ASME Best Lifestyle Cover of the Year Finalist
ADDY Awards (3)
PRWEB Top 20 Hottest Publications to Watch in 2008
MIN Magazine, 2nd Hottest Launch
MIN Magazine, Top Editorial Team
Advertising Age’s Magazine Covers We Loved