2020 GOOD DOG PHOTO CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THESE OFFICIAL RULES (“RULES”) GOVERN YOUR ENTRY IN THE CONTEST AND ARE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
1. SPONSOR: The Good Dog Photo Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by Garden & Gun, LLC dba Garden & Gun Magazine (“Magazine”), 701 East Bay Street, Suite 115, Charleston, SC 29403.
2. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Overall Winner will be selected by the judges on the basis of the judging criteria described below and will win a prize consisting of a G&G Good Dog Prize Bag (ARV $100) and a chance for the Overall Winner’s photo to appear in the Magazine. Size of write-up, product description and edition of Magazine are all at Sponsor’s discretion. There will be ten Readers’ Choice winners based on the number of votes received for each photo whose prize is having their photo featured on Sponsor’s website. Winner is responsible for all taxes and all other expenses not included in the prize. All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winner. The prize is awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and its promotional partners and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible to enter the Contest.
4. HOW TO ENTER: This Contest entry process begins 1:00 pm EDT on September 10, 2020 and ends 11:59 pm EDT on October 5, 2020. To enter, go to http://www.gardenandgun.com/gooddog (“Site”) and follow instructions to submit your original photograph. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, inaccurate or incomplete entries or entries not received for any reason. Entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. By entering, you warrant that your entry (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, (2) has not been published in any medium, (3) has not won an award, or (4) is not obscene, libelous or defamatory, does not violate the right of privacy or publicity of any third party or violate any applicable laws.
5. VOTING: Visitors to the Site can vote for the photo(s) that they like best on the basis of the judging criteria below. Voting will end 5:00 pm EDT on October 9, 2020. The ten photos with the most votes will be selected as Readers’ Choice Winners.
6. JUDGING: All entries will be judged by Sponsor based on the following criteria: Photo Quality (50%), Creativity (25%) and Best Represents Garden and Gun Magazine/Editorial Suitability (25%). In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score in “Best Represents Garden & Gun Magazine/Editorial Suitability” will be the tiebreaker. Decisions of judges are final and binding. The Overall Winner will be notified by email by November 3, 2020. If a potential prize winner cannot be reached by Sponsor within fifteen (15) days, using the contact information provided at the time of entry, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, that potential prize winner shall forfeit the prize. Upon the request of Sponsor, the potential winner may be required to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Prize Acceptance Form and IRS W-9 form.
7. GENERAL PRIZE TERMS: No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize (or prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Nothing in these Rules shall obligate Sponsor to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By entering, you grant to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use your submitted photo(s), along with your name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by you, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use a Winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical information, photograph, etc., other materials submitted for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering or accepting prize, you as an entrant and the Winner shall hold Sponsor and its promotional partners, its directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless from liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property (including death) relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
8. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the contestant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
9. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the state of South Carolina without regard to its principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of Charleston, South Carolina, without recourse to class action suits.
10. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
11. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the Winner, available after November 15, 2020 send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to Good Dog Photo Contest, Garden and Gun Magazine, 701 East Bay Street, Suite 115, Charleston, SC 29403. Vermont residents may omit postage.