The art of glass blowing may be ancient, but in the hands of talented Southern makers, the results are decidedly modern. Swirls embedded in the globes from Rose Tree Glass Studio in Louisiana resemble ribbon candy. Other motifs, like those seen in work by Loretta Eby in Georgia, are more abstract. And the pieces by Orbix Hot Glass in Alabama feature a beautiful quilted texture.
So whether you start a tradition of giving one ornament to a special recipient each year or order a few for this year’s tree, these tiny works of art will add delicate beauty and Southern style wherever they’re displayed.
1. Loretta Eby Hot Glass ornament in lavender; $30; 800-869-9703
2. Orbix Hot Glass diamond egg in lime; $40; orbixhotglass.com
3. Rose Tree Glass Studio ribbon ornament in green and white; $38; rosetreegallery.com
4. Loretta Eby Hot Glass ornament in rose; $17; 800-869-9703
5. Loretta Eby Hot Glass ornament in gold and white; $30; 800-869-9703
6. Orbix Hot Glass diamond egg in amber; $40; orbixhotglass.com
7. Loretta Eby Hot Glass ornament in green; $17; 800-869-9703
8. Loretta Eby Hot Glass ornament in dark violet; $17; 800-869-9703