Job Opening: General Manager, Garden & Gun Club in Atlanta
The person will be responsible for guiding the dining experience and operations at our restaurant in Atlanta
The Garden & Gun Club seeks an experienced and dedicated General Manager to guide the dining experience at our restaurant at Truist Park. The General Manager will be responsible for the financial and operational performance of the restaurant. The General Manager will build, coach, manage, and develop the FOH team while ensuring the restaurant is in compliance with all local and state regulations. The ideal candidate has excellent team leadership and customer service skills and exemplifies integrity and accountability at the managerial level.
General Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with Executive Chef to ensure food production, service and dining experience consistently exceeds the expectations of guests
• Oversee FOH staff including hiring, development and performance to ensure quality dining experience for guests
• Handle FOH staff scheduling to ensure appropriate coverage while monitoring staffing expenses
• Coordinate communication between FOH and BOH
• Supervise and provide assistance for staff as needed
• Handle invoices and coordinate third-party service providers
• Monitor, control, and procure FOH inventory, including bar needs
• Monitor and ensure compliance with safety and hygiene regulations for local and state levels including Serve-safe, pour licenses, etc.
• Assist with restaurant budgeting needs, including analysis of staffing needs
• Supervise payroll, tip out procedures, petty cash
• Provide welcoming presence for all guests and VIPs
Job Requirements include:
• 5+ years’ experience in restaurant management, preferably in fine dining
• Demonstrated passion for hospitality
• Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Present a professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to lead and train staff in high level, customer-focused service
• Proficient with Breadcrumb, Excel, and Microsoft Suite
For immediate consideration please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Garden & Gun Club
The first restaurant and cocktail experience from Garden & Gun Magazine, the Garden & Gun Club at the Battery Atlanta brings the defining Southern lifestyle brand to life. Opened in 2018, the intimate Club is located directly across from the entrance to Truist Park—home of the Atlanta Braves.
About Garden & Gun
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: Events Director
The position will lead all aspects of planning and executing G&G events at the highest level
Welcome to G&G Reads, Our New Book Club
Our book club highlights the best of the South’s new books with exclusive author interviews, opportunities to ask your own questions, and insider conversations about the stories behind the stories.
GARDEN & GUN PRESENTS
Five-Word Dog Stories
We asked readers to tell us their sweetest, silliest, and shortest canine tales. Here are illustrated versions of some of our favorites.
Head On Over to “Reba’s Place”
Country superstar Reba McEntire is set to open an intimate music venue in her Oklahoma hometown
The Wild South
The Holy Grails of Southern Shells
Scouring a beach for seashells? Keep an eye out for these three prized—and gorgeous—finds
Food & Drink
The Art of the Tampa Cuban
A Tampa native dishes on the city’s most famous sandwich—and what it takes to make it