Job Opening: Design Director, Marketing
The individual will manage Garden & Gun’s marketing design team
Note: This position is no longer open.
Garden & Gun seeks an experienced Design Director to manage our marketing design team in Charleston, South Carolina. The ideal candidate is creative, detail-oriented, has proven managerial skills, as well as magazine and media experience. Candidate should have a clear understanding of magazine branding and experience working with editorial and advertising partners. Design Director will be responsible for developing estimates and budgets and ensuring projects are managed to budget. The Design Director will also have superior design skills and experience producing content across all media platforms including print, digital, social, and experiential. This is an opportunity for the ideal candidate to become a leader in a dynamic brand while engaging their own design skillset.
The position reports to the Associate Publisher, Marketing.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Managing day-to-day activities of in-house design team to support Marketing, Advertising Sales and brand extensions
● Responsible for producing content across all media platforms including print, digital, social, and experiential
● Collaborating with advertising and editorial partners to develop design content
● Developing and managing estimates and budgets
● Ensuring design content comports with magazine branding principles
Successful candidate will possess the following skills/abilities:
● Managerial and mentoring aptitude, with a focus on developing talent within the department
● Proven, superior design skills across multiple platforms
● Excellent organizational and time management skills
● Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
● Experience working with editorial and advertising partners
● Proven track record of accuracy and attention to detail
● Exceptional communication skills with emphasis on collaboration and efficiency
● Familiarity with the Garden & Gun brand
● A minimum of eight to ten years of graphic design or art director experience. Must show real-world application in business, corporation or agency environment. (Pay commensurate with experience.)
● Hands on experience with logo design, typography, color, print layout design, print production and image selection.
● Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and other visual design tools
● Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
● Excellent people and management skills
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Opening: Senior Events Manager
The person will lead all aspects of planning and executing G&G events at the highest level
Job Opening: Social Media Assistant (Part-Time)
The person will assist in brainstorming, creating, and scheduling social media posts
Job Opening: Designer, Marketing
The person will design content across all media platforms, including print, digital, social, and experiential
Home & Garden
Thirty Ways to Make Your Garden Look Older
Garden pros share tips for giving your green spot a sense of Southern story
A Perfect Fall Weekend in Edenton, North Carolina
North Carolina’s Inner Banks have a surprising political history, famous barbecue, and the best grilled cheese oysters you’ve never heard of
In the Studio with Vincent Neil Emerson and Shooter Jennings
The Grammy-winning producer Jennings helps Emerson tap into his rock-and-roll spirit on his new album, The Golden Crystal Kingdom