Job Opening: Designer, Marketing
The position is in the Marketing department and will focus on producing content across all media platforms
Garden & Gun seeks a smart, creative, and eager team player to join the Marketing department full-time as a Designer. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and has superior design skills. Candidate should have experience producing content across all media platforms, including print, digital, social, and experiential. A clear understanding of magazine branding is required, and magazine and media experience is preferred. Designer will assist in procuring estimates and developing budgets. Designer should be comfortable working collaboratively under tight deadlines. This is an opportunity for the ideal candidate to showcase excellent design skills while joining a dynamic brand that values creativity and innovation.
The position reports to the Creative Director, Marketing.
● Create graphics and design layouts for print, digital, social, and experiential platforms
● Collaborate with Marketing, Editorial, and brand extensions to support campaigns with design solutions
● Establish and implement production schedules
● Supervise and execute all project production needs with precision and attention to detail, while working with vendors best suited for the project
● Assist in developing and adhering to creative budgets
● Acquire print estimates
● Work with the accounting department to file all department invoices and expense reports
● Keep all files and content meticulously organized, properly named, and up-to-date on the design server
● 3-4 years design experience within a magazine or agency environment
● Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Communications Design
● Highly proficient in Adobe CC – InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
The ideal candidate will exhibit:
● Proven strong attention to detail
● Excellent time management skills
● Ability to work at a high level while managing multiple projects
● Exceptional command of graphic design fundamentals, typography, grids, layout, color and the ability to communicate ideas through graphics, photography or illustration
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on being collaborative and efficient
● Adept at studio skills – creating physical comps, mockups, and short-run printed materials
● Experience in illustration, photography, video production, and web design highly desired
Email your resume, a link to your portfolio, and a letter of interest to email@example.com.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: Senior Events Manager
The person will lead all aspects of planning and executing G&G events at the highest level
Job Opening: Social Media Assistant (Part-Time)
The person will assist in brainstorming, creating, and scheduling social media posts
Job Opening: Designer, Marketing
The person will design content across all media platforms, including print, digital, social, and experiential
Home & Garden
Thirty Ways to Make Your Garden Look Older
Garden pros share tips for giving your green spot a sense of Southern story
A Perfect Fall Weekend in Edenton, North Carolina
North Carolina’s Inner Banks have a surprising political history, famous barbecue, and the best grilled cheese oysters you’ve never heard of
In the Studio with Vincent Neil Emerson and Shooter Jennings
The Grammy-winning producer Jennings helps Emerson tap into his rock-and-roll spirit on his new album, The Golden Crystal Kingdom