Job Opening: Director of Retail
The person will be responsible for all aspects of G&G retail endeavors, including Fieldshop by Garden & Gun
We are seeking an experienced, creative, financially-savvy Director of Retail with a proven track record of leading sales of a luxury retail brand. The Director is responsible for all aspects of G&G retail endeavors, including Fieldshop by Garden & Gun for both online and in-store sales, brand collaborations and pop-ins, while adhering to brand aesthetics and achieving sales goals. Central responsibilities include setting and achieving sales targets, developing and maintaining vendor relationships, website and product management and leading a small team. The Director will collaborate with the Marketing and Editorial departments to integrate retail into overall brand strategy.
The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Primary duties of the Director of Retail include, but may not be limited to:
• Set and achieve sales and profitability targets while adhering to operational budgets
• Analyze and understanding industry trends to facilitate on brand product selection and merchandising strategy
• Collaborate with Editorial, Marketing and Digital teams for cross-marketing, digital newsletters, pop-in events
• Track, monitor and manage efficient inventory levels via Finale, Big Commerce and Square.
• Strategize, coordinate and develop vendor relationships and attenuated events (store pop-ins, product collaborations and exclusives, etc).
• Manage all aspects of website including new product descriptions and uploads
• Oversee management, development and training of all retail staff to ensure consistency with G&G brand values and maximize retail efficiency.
• Ensure successful online presence, including website, photo asset procurement, product management and order fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
• 10 years retail experience, including 5+ years as manager or director for luxury brands
• Team player with a savvy branding, marketing, and retail-focused financial background
• Strong computer and digital marketing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask and delegate
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal departments, vendors and customers.
For immediate consideration please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: Marketing Copy Manager
The person will coordinate all G&G marketing copy projects, including planning, execution, and evaluation
Job Opening: Digital Sales Coordinator
The position will help execute digital marketing programs for our advertising partners and work to engage and grow the brand’s audience
Job Opening: Senior Events Manager
The position is focused on executing all aspects of G&G events
Arts & Culture
Boone, North Carolina: A Hippie Town with a (Serious) Football Problem
One local’s take on Appalachian State’s gridiron success—and why this mountain town just might win you over
The Southerners’ Big Fall Reading List
G&G editors and contributors share what books to cozy up with this autumn
Six Coveted Fall Bourbon Releases—and Alternative Sips to Try
While scoring a hard-to-find bottle is a thrill, there’s a wealth of flavors to explore