Job Opening: Events Director
The position will lead all aspects of planning and executing G&G events at the highest level
Garden & Gun executes a range of events from VIP cocktails parties to international sporting weekends. The Events Director to lead all aspects of planning and executing G&G events at the highest level. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the Garden & Gun brand, be highly creative and very organized. The position reports to the Associate Publisher, Marketing and is located in Charleston, South Carolina (remote work is not an opportunity at this time).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee the design and execution of all G&G events
• Manage the events team (Senior Manager, Coordinator, Intern)
• Ensure that vendors, caterers, musicians, and other service providers hired exemplify the G&G standards of excellence
• Oversee all aspects of event planning, including budgets, contracts, timelines, staffing, and vendors
• Serve as creative director for events, ensuring that the look, feel and ambiance of the event creates an experience that is representative of both G&G and our partner’s brands
• Schedule and manage event team assignments
• Brainstorm with marketing team to conceptualize new event ideas/extensions
• Cultivate event talent relationships (hosts, chefs, mixologists, etc.)
• Oversee, in conjunction with the creative department, creation of all event collateral (menus, itineraries, place cards, etc.)
• Ensure run of shows for staff, clients, partners and vendors are detailed and completed in a timely manner
• Serve as an authority on event design trends
Job requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree with minimum 10+ years of event design and production experience
• Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for events and Southern culture
• Creative and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to plan, organize and execute projects which require careful attention to detail
• Travel to events throughout the country
• Able to work well in a fast-paced team environment and present a professional demeanor
• Strong cross-collaboration skills to work with the internal Creative, Sales, and Marketing teams
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products. Experience with InDesign and Photoshop are pluses
For immediate consideration please email your resume and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of 3.5 million, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Welcome to G&G Reads, Our New Book Club
Our book club highlights the best of the South’s new books with exclusive author interviews, opportunities to ask your own questions, and insider conversations about the stories behind the stories.
GARDEN & GUN PRESENTS
Five-Word Dog Stories
We asked readers to tell us their sweetest, silliest, and shortest canine tales. Here are illustrated versions of some of our favorites.
Job Opening: Marketing Copy Manager
The person will coordinate all G&G marketing copy projects, including planning, execution, and evaluation
Head On Over to “Reba’s Place”
Country superstar Reba McEntire is set to open an intimate music venue in her Oklahoma hometown
The Wild South
The Holy Grails of Southern Shells
Scouring a beach for seashells? Keep an eye out for these three prized—and gorgeous—finds
Food & Drink
The Art of the Tampa Cuban
A Tampa native dishes on the city’s most famous sandwich—and what it takes to make it