Job Opening: Junior Designer, Marketing
The individual will be part of Garden & Gun’s marketing design team
Note: This position is no longer open.
Garden & Gun seeks a smart, creative, and eager team player to join the Creative Services department full-time as a Junior Designer. This position supports the design team in creating a wide variety of materials including sales pieces, event collateral, and custom content for clients. The ideal candidate has a can-do attitude, possesses strong design and communication skills, and can prioritize in a fast-paced creative environment.
The position reports to the Design Director, Marketing.
● Create graphics and design layouts for print, digital, and social media
● Collaborate with the marketing department and support campaigns with design solutions
● Establish and implement production schedules
● Supervise and execute all project production needs with precision and attention to detail, while working with vendors best suited for the project
● Adhere to creative budgets and acquire print estimates
● Work with the accounting department to file all department invoices and expense reports
● Keep all files and content meticulously organized, properly named, and up-to-date on the design server
● 2-3 years of professional graphic design experience
● Four-year design degree from an accredited college
● Strong Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop skills
● Exceptional command of graphic design fundamentals, typography, grids, layout, color and the ability to communicate ideas through graphics, photography or illustration
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on being collaborative and efficient
● Attention to detail
● Ability to work at a high level while managing multiple projects
● Experience in illustration, photography, video production, and web design a plus
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Opening: Designer, Marketing
The person will design content across all media platforms, including print, digital, social, and experiential
Job Opening: Events Director
The position will lead all aspects of planning and executing G&G events at the highest level
Welcome to G&G Reads, Our New Book Club
Our book club highlights the best of the South’s new books with exclusive author interviews, opportunities to ask your own questions, and insider conversations about the stories behind the stories.
Arts & Culture
A South Carolina Seafood Company Reveals a Piece of Forrest Gump History
How much shrimp is required to create a movie classic? About six thousand pounds, apparently
Food & Drink
Pimento Cheese’s Kentucky Cousin
Try this simple recipe for Benedictine spread, a Louisville favorite
Food & Drink
A Century-Old Trout Hatchery in Virginia Is Making Waves
From his farm in New Castle, one man is on a mission to put Southern trout back on plates