Job Opening: Junior Designer, Marketing
The individual will be part of Garden & Gun’s marketing design team
Note: This position is no longer open.
Garden & Gun seeks a smart, creative, and eager team player to join the Creative Services department full-time as a Junior Designer. This position supports the design team in creating a wide variety of materials including sales pieces, event collateral, and custom content for clients. The ideal candidate has a can-do attitude, possesses strong design and communication skills, and can prioritize in a fast-paced creative environment.
The position reports to the Design Director, Marketing.
● Create graphics and design layouts for print, digital, and social media
● Collaborate with the marketing department and support campaigns with design solutions
● Establish and implement production schedules
● Supervise and execute all project production needs with precision and attention to detail, while working with vendors best suited for the project
● Adhere to creative budgets and acquire print estimates
● Work with the accounting department to file all department invoices and expense reports
● Keep all files and content meticulously organized, properly named, and up-to-date on the design server
● 2-3 years of professional graphic design experience
● Four-year design degree from an accredited college
● Strong Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop skills
● Exceptional command of graphic design fundamentals, typography, grids, layout, color and the ability to communicate ideas through graphics, photography or illustration
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on being collaborative and efficient
● Attention to detail
● Ability to work at a high level while managing multiple projects
● Experience in illustration, photography, video production, and web design a plus
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Opening: General Manager, Garden & Gun Club in Atlanta
The person will be responsible for guiding the dining experience and operations at our restaurant in Atlanta
Job Opening: Garden & Gun Fieldshop Store Manager
The person will be responsible for managing the store, including customer satisfaction, sales, and staffing
Job Opening: Marketing Copywriter
The person will create engaging copy for use across all Garden & Gun platforms
Food & Drink
A State-by-State Guide to the South’s 35 Best Oysters
Oyster experts from around the South weigh in on their favorite oysters, by state
Food & Drink
How an Award-Winning Pastry Chef Doctors Up Boxed Cornbread
Even Kelly Fields whips up a box of Jiffy every once in a while. Here’s how she makes the store-bought stuff her own
Five Out-of-the-Way Spring Break Escapes
Remote Southern retreats to help you unwind and unplug