Job Opening: Junior Designer, Marketing
The individual will be part of Garden & Gun’s marketing design team
Note: This position is no longer open.
Garden & Gun seeks a smart, creative, and eager team player to join the Creative Services department full-time as a Junior Designer. This position supports the design team in creating a wide variety of materials including sales pieces, event collateral, and custom content for clients. The ideal candidate has a can-do attitude, possesses strong design and communication skills, and can prioritize in a fast-paced creative environment.
The position reports to the Design Director, Marketing.
● Create graphics and design layouts for print, digital, and social media
● Collaborate with the marketing department and support campaigns with design solutions
● Establish and implement production schedules
● Supervise and execute all project production needs with precision and attention to detail, while working with vendors best suited for the project
● Adhere to creative budgets and acquire print estimates
● Work with the accounting department to file all department invoices and expense reports
● Keep all files and content meticulously organized, properly named, and up-to-date on the design server
● 2-3 years of professional graphic design experience
● Four-year design degree from an accredited college
● Strong Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop skills
● Exceptional command of graphic design fundamentals, typography, grids, layout, color and the ability to communicate ideas through graphics, photography or illustration
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on being collaborative and efficient
● Attention to detail
● Ability to work at a high level while managing multiple projects
● Experience in illustration, photography, video production, and web design a plus
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Enter Now: G&G’s 2020 Good Dog Photo Contest
Enter and vote for your favorite pup in this year’s reader photo contest
Tell Us Your Great Southern Love Story
Have a classic photo of your grandparents’ wedding? A story of how your parents met? Share them here
Job Opening: Associate Manager, Digital Marketing
The individual will be responsible for executing digital marketing programs for advertising partners
Food & Drink
Forgotten Southern Recipes
From pear salad and tomato pudding to vinegar pie and bacon crackers, we’re more than ready for these old-school classics to make a comeback
Food & Drink
The Ultimate Guide to Grits
Kernels of wisdom about one of the South’s fundamental foods
The Wild South
Shrimp Conundrum: To Devein or Not to Devein?
Do you really need to remove that dark stripe down a shrimp’s back? Getting to the bottom of a Southern debate