Job Opening: Senior Events Manager
The person will lead all aspects of planning and executing G&G events at the highest level
Garden & Gun executes a range of events from VIP cocktail parties to international sporting weekends. The Senior Events Manager will lead all aspects of planning and executing G&G events at the highest level. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the Garden & Gun brand, be highly creative and very organized. The position reports to the Events Director.
This is a full-time opportunity requiring in-person work in our Charleston, South Carolina office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Must utilize strong cross-collaboration skills and will work with the internal Events, Creative, Sales, and Marketing teams
• Manage logistical components of all G&G event executions, both digitally and on-site
• Create event design concepts and mood boards in conjunction with G&G design team
• Vendor research, coordination, contracts and communications (rentals, florals, photographers, caterers, musicians, venues, etc.)
• Brainstorming with marketing team to conceptualize new event ideas/extensions for potential sponsors
• Create and manage timelines and schedule of deliverables for multiple events simultaneously
• Manage and maintain complex budgets for individual events
• Conceptualize and project manage creation of all event collateral (menus, itineraries, place cards, etc.)
• Create runs of shows for staff, clients, partners and vendors
• Spearhead pre-event communications at many levels to include: vendors, talent, staff, executives and VIPs
• Oversee ticketing processes
• Manage all guest communications
Job requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree with minimum 6-8 years of event production experience
• Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for events and Southern culture
• Creative and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to plan, organize and execute projects which require careful attention to detail
• Strong communication skills, both written and within the day-to-day office environment
• Travel to events throughout the country on a regular basis
• Able to work well in a fast-paced team environment and present a professional demeanor
• Proficient with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office products. Experience with InDesign and Photoshop are pluses
To apply: Please provide a statement of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of 3.5 million, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: Social Media Assistant (Part-Time)
The person will assist in brainstorming, creating, and scheduling social media posts
Job Opening: Designer, Marketing
The person will design content across all media platforms, including print, digital, social, and experiential
Job Opening: Associate Digital Marketing Manager
The person will manage the brand’s digital marketing and advertiser programs
Home & Garden
Thirty Ways to Make Your Garden Look Older
Garden pros share tips for giving your green spot a sense of Southern story
A Perfect Fall Weekend in Edenton, North Carolina
North Carolina’s Inner Banks have a surprising political history, famous barbecue, and the best grilled cheese oysters you’ve never heard of
In the Studio with Vincent Neil Emerson and Shooter Jennings
The Grammy-winning producer Jennings helps Emerson tap into his rock-and-roll spirit on his new album, The Golden Crystal Kingdom