Job Opening: Social Media Assistant (Part-Time)
The person will assist in brainstorming, creating, and scheduling social media posts
Garden & Gun seeks a social media–savvy team member who can assist the social media editor in helping us connect with users on various platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience in journalism, marketing, design, and of course, social media, and be especially adept at writing clear, concise, engaging, and error-free copy. The position is part-time—24 hours per week.
Job responsibilities include:
● Help write and choose photos and videos for posts across social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, X, TikTok, Pinterest, and Threads
● Create, design, and execute video-based stories, particularly for Instagram and TikTok
● Assist with scheduling posts, taking into account timeliness, seasonality, and trends and happenings in social media and culture
● Monitor social channels, answer questions, and interact with followers
● Assist the social media editor in other ways as needed, including attending events
● At least two years of experience crafting social media posts for an editorial or lifestyle brand, including:
–Experience working in an editorial environment; strong writing skills; excellent news judgment; awareness of current events; attention to detail
–Experience creating posts that have proven to reach intended audiences and encouraged users to click on, react to, or share content
–Experience conceiving, producing, and designing assets for various social platforms, using text, photography, and video
● Four-year college degree in journalism, communications, or marketing strongly preferred
● Familiarity with social media publishing tools such as Hootsuite, Planoly, and Canva, as well as analytics platforms such as Google Analytics
● A thorough understanding of the G&G brand and voice
Qualified candidates should send their resume and examples of social media posts they’ve created for an editorial or lifestyle brand to email@example.com.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Opening: Senior Events Manager
The person will lead all aspects of planning and executing G&G events at the highest level
Job Opening: Designer, Marketing
The person will design content across all media platforms, including print, digital, social, and experiential
Job Opening: Associate Digital Marketing Manager
The person will manage the brand’s digital marketing and advertiser programs
Home & Garden
Thirty Ways to Make Your Garden Look Older
Garden pros share tips for giving your green spot a sense of Southern story
A Perfect Fall Weekend in Edenton, North Carolina
North Carolina’s Inner Banks have a surprising political history, famous barbecue, and the best grilled cheese oysters you’ve never heard of
In the Studio with Vincent Neil Emerson and Shooter Jennings
The Grammy-winning producer Jennings helps Emerson tap into his rock-and-roll spirit on his new album, The Golden Crystal Kingdom