Job Opening: Special Events Producer (Temporary/Independent Contractor)
The person will assist with planning, producing, and executing G&G special events and experiences
Garden & Gun Magazine seeks a highly organized and detail-oriented Special Events Producer (Temporary/Independent Contractor) to assist with planning, producing, and executing G&G special events and experiences.
The position reports to the Associate Publisher, Marketing.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Produce and coordinate several large scale G&G special event projects within the marketing department
• Work with internal departments to coordinate requests such as copy and design
• Liaise with and source outside vendors for fabrication, materials and production
• Process project-related invoices and payments, tracks project budgets, and generate expense reports and financial reports as directed
• Monitor contracts for assigned projects to ensure obligations are met in an appropriate and timely manner
• Communicate effectively and in a professional manner with clients and internal departments on project a regular basis
• Work with teams to deliver projects on time and on or under budget
• Other duties as needed to complete projects
• 4+ years event planning, design or production experience, required
• Creative and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to plan, organize and execute projects which require careful attention to detail, strong oral and written communication skills, effective interpersonal skills and knowledge of event management
• Understand and work within the Garden & Gun aesthetic
• Resourceful, creative and ability to think outside the box to complete projects within budget
• Excellent attention to details and time management skills
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Ability to travel (if needed)
• Must work well in a fast-paced team environment and present a professional demeanor
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products. Experience with InDesign and Photoshop, a plus
This is a temporary position with duration TBD. Selected candidate will work as an independent contractor and will not be an employee of Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC.
For immediate consideration please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Welcome to G&G Reads, Our New Book Club
Our book club highlights the best of the South’s new books with exclusive author interviews, opportunities to ask your own questions, and insider conversations about the stories behind the stories.
GARDEN & GUN PRESENTS
Five-Word Dog Stories
We asked readers to tell us their sweetest, silliest, and shortest canine tales. Here are illustrated versions of some of our favorites.
Job Opening: Marketing Copy Manager
The person will coordinate all G&G marketing copy projects, including planning, execution, and evaluation
Best Southern Soup Recipes
A roundup of classic and modern dishes to celebrate the season—from gumbo to bisque and everything in between
Five Unique State Park Stays in the South
From cozy Texas cabins to a yurt in Virginia, these lodging options show how state parks have been upping their games
Food & Drink
Southern Kitchen Essentials According to Nathalie Dupree
In her downsizing move from Charleston to Raleigh, the celebrated Southern chef got down to the basics