Job Opening: Special Events Producer (Temporary/Independent Contractor)
The person will assist with planning, producing, and executing G&G special events and experiences
Garden & Gun Magazine seeks a highly organized and detail-oriented Special Events Producer (Temporary/Independent Contractor) to assist with planning, producing, and executing G&G special events and experiences.
The position reports to the Associate Publisher, Marketing.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Produce and coordinate several large scale G&G special event projects within the marketing department
• Work with internal departments to coordinate requests such as copy and design
• Liaise with and source outside vendors for fabrication, materials and production
• Process project-related invoices and payments, tracks project budgets, and generate expense reports and financial reports as directed
• Monitor contracts for assigned projects to ensure obligations are met in an appropriate and timely manner
• Communicate effectively and in a professional manner with clients and internal departments on project a regular basis
• Work with teams to deliver projects on time and on or under budget
• Other duties as needed to complete projects
• 4+ years event planning, design or production experience, required
• Creative and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to plan, organize and execute projects which require careful attention to detail, strong oral and written communication skills, effective interpersonal skills and knowledge of event management
• Understand and work within the Garden & Gun aesthetic
• Resourceful, creative and ability to think outside the box to complete projects within budget
• Excellent attention to details and time management skills
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Ability to travel (if needed)
• Must work well in a fast-paced team environment and present a professional demeanor
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products. Experience with InDesign and Photoshop, a plus
This is a temporary position with duration TBD. Selected candidate will work as an independent contractor and will not be an employee of Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC.
For immediate consideration please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: Senior Digital Marketing Manager
The person will manage Garden & Gun’s digital marketing programs
Job Opening: Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The person in the position will play a key role on our Integrated Marketing team
Job Opening: Part-Time Marketing Designer
Candidates should have experience producing content across all media platforms
Food & Drink
The Mad Scientist of Pawpaws
Largely the domain of foragers, the biggest edible fruit in the South has mostly been forgotten. A quietly obsessed Quaker from West Virginia has made it his life’s mission to change that
Food & Drink
How an Award-Winning Pastry Chef Doctors Up Boxed Cornbread
Even Kelly Fields whips up a box of Jiffy every once in a while. Here’s how she makes the store-bought stuff her own
Arts & Culture
The Top-of-2021 Reading List for Southerners
G&G contributors, editors, and Southern book lovers share new releases and old favorites to read right away this year—and a couple forthcoming releases already on preorder