Job Opening: Special Events Producer (Temporary/Independent Contractor)
The person will assist with planning, producing, and executing G&G special events and experiences
Garden & Gun Magazine seeks a highly organized and detail-oriented Special Events Producer (Temporary/Independent Contractor) to assist with planning, producing, and executing G&G special events and experiences.
The position reports to the Associate Publisher, Marketing.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Produce and coordinate several large scale G&G special event projects within the marketing department
• Work with internal departments to coordinate requests such as copy and design
• Liaise with and source outside vendors for fabrication, materials and production
• Process project-related invoices and payments, tracks project budgets, and generate expense reports and financial reports as directed
• Monitor contracts for assigned projects to ensure obligations are met in an appropriate and timely manner
• Communicate effectively and in a professional manner with clients and internal departments on project a regular basis
• Work with teams to deliver projects on time and on or under budget
• Other duties as needed to complete projects
• 4+ years event planning, design or production experience, required
• Creative and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to plan, organize and execute projects which require careful attention to detail, strong oral and written communication skills, effective interpersonal skills and knowledge of event management
• Understand and work within the Garden & Gun aesthetic
• Resourceful, creative and ability to think outside the box to complete projects within budget
• Excellent attention to details and time management skills
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Ability to travel (if needed)
• Must work well in a fast-paced team environment and present a professional demeanor
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products. Experience with InDesign and Photoshop, a plus
This is a temporary position with duration TBD. Selected candidate will work as an independent contractor and will not be an employee of Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC.
For immediate consideration please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Sign Up for Our Due South Travel Newsletter
Garden & Gun’s travel newsletter is a weekly roundup of the best in Southern travel
Arts & Culture
You Never Forget Your First Set of Wheels
G&G readers recall the sometimes-imperfect-but-always-beloved cars and trucks that got them on the road
Job Opening: Consumer Marketing Associate / Office Coordinator
The position is a dual role in support of consumer marketing and day-to-day office functions
Song Premiere: Listen to Chapel Hart’s New Single, “If You Ain’t Wearing Boots”
New music from the Mississippi trio who rose to fame last year on America’s Got Talent
Arts & Culture
“The Outsiders” Turns Forty
See rare images of the stars—before they were big—around the Oklahoma set
Arts & Culture
A South Carolina Seafood Company Reveals a Piece of Forrest Gump History
How much shrimp is required to create a movie classic? About six thousand pounds, apparently