Job Opening: Consumer Marketing Associate / Office Coordinator
The position is a dual role in support of consumer marketing and day-to-day office functions
Note: This position is no longer open.
Garden & Gun seeks an organized, hardworking, and detail-oriented individual for this dual role. This team member undertakes a variety of day-to-day tasks to ensure office operations run smoothly to support business activities, while simultaneously serving as an integral member of the Consumer Marketing team to maximize customer service and grow our business.
The ideal candidate is organized, energetic, possesses superior communication skills, has a positive attitude and a desire to become fully engaged with a dynamic staff and brand. This is an outstanding opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a successful brand with opportunity for growth in consumer marketing.
This position reports to the Vice President, Consumer Marketing & Operations.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Consumer Marketing Associate
● Provide exemplary customer service for subscribers
● Prepare and maintain accurate spreadsheets regarding subscriptions
● Coordinate corporate gift subscriptions and direct-to-hotel programs
● Handle magazine fulfillment and shipping requests
● Serve as liaison for print and fulfillment services
● Support all departments with various administrative tasks including answering phones, managing meeting schedules, booking travel, mail dissemination, stocking and monitoring kitchen, and troubleshoot as necessary
● Serve as the face of G&G to greet and assist visitors to the office or events
● Evaluate and maintain office contracts for services
The successful candidate will possess the following skills/abilities:
● Excellent organizational skills
● Superior customer-facing communication skills
● Ability to support multiple endeavors in a fast-paced environment
● Work independently on various projects
● Positive attitude
● Bachelor’s Degree
● 1-2 years’ experience in customer service or marketing, preferred
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, a must
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of 3.5 million, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Sign Up for Our Due South Travel Newsletter
Garden & Gun’s travel newsletter is a weekly roundup of the best in Southern travel
Arts & Culture
You Never Forget Your First Set of Wheels
G&G readers recall the sometimes-imperfect-but-always-beloved cars and trucks that got them on the road
Job Opening: Designer, Marketing
The person will design content across all media platforms, including print, digital, social, and experiential
Song Premiere: Listen to Chapel Hart’s New Single, “If You Ain’t Wearing Boots”
New music from the Mississippi trio who rose to fame last year on America’s Got Talent
Arts & Culture
“The Outsiders” Turns Forty
See rare images of the stars—before they were big—around the Oklahoma set
Arts & Culture
A South Carolina Seafood Company Reveals a Piece of Forrest Gump History
How much shrimp is required to create a movie classic? About six thousand pounds, apparently