Job Opening: Designer, Marketing
The person will design content across all media platforms, including print, digital, social, and experiential
Garden & Gun seeks a smart, creative, and eager team player to join the Marketing department full-time as a Designer. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and has superior design skills. Candidate should have experience producing content across all media platforms, including print, digital, social, and experiential. A clear understanding of magazine branding is required, and magazine and media experience is preferred. Designer will assist in procuring estimates and developing budgets. Designer should be comfortable working collaboratively under tight deadlines. This is an opportunity for the ideal candidate to showcase excellent design skills while joining a dynamic brand that values creativity and innovation.
The position reports to the Creative Director, Marketing.
• Create graphics and design layouts for print, digital, social, and experiential platforms
• Collaborate with Marketing, Editorial, and brand extensions to support campaigns with design solutions
• Establish and implement production schedules
• Supervise and execute all project production needs with precision and attention to detail, while working with vendors best suited for the project
• Assist in developing and adhering to creative budgets
• Acquire print estimates
• Work with the accounting department to file all department invoices and expense reports
• Keep all files and content meticulously organized, properly named, and up-to-date on the design server
• 3-4 years design experience within a magazine or agency environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Communications Design
• Highly proficient in Adobe CC – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Proven strong attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work at a high level while managing multiple projects
• Exceptional command of graphic design fundamentals, typography, grids, layout, color and the ability to communicate ideas through graphics, photography or illustration
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on being collaborative and efficient
• Adept at studio skills – creating physical comps, mockups and short-run printed materials
• Experience in illustration, photography, video production, and web design highly desired
Email your resume, a link to your portfolio, and a cover letter detailing why you are interested in the position to Creative Director, Marketing, Caroline O’Neill, email@example.com.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of 3.5 million, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: Events Director
The position will lead all aspects of planning and executing G&G events at the highest level
Welcome to G&G Reads, Our New Book Club
Our book club highlights the best of the South’s new books with exclusive author interviews, opportunities to ask your own questions, and insider conversations about the stories behind the stories.
GARDEN & GUN PRESENTS
Five-Word Dog Stories
We asked readers to tell us their sweetest, silliest, and shortest canine tales. Here are illustrated versions of some of our favorites.
Arts & Culture
A South Carolina Seafood Company Reveals a Piece of Forrest Gump History
How much shrimp is required to create a movie classic? About six thousand pounds, apparently
Food & Drink
Pimento Cheese’s Kentucky Cousin
Try this simple recipe for Benedictine spread, a Louisville favorite
Food & Drink
A Century-Old Trout Hatchery in Virginia Is Making Waves
From his farm in New Castle, one man is on a mission to put Southern trout back on plates