Job Opening: Digital Reporter
The position is focused on writing and editing daily stories, as well as longer-term articles and other content, for G&G digital platforms
Garden & Gun seeks an enterprising and energetic journalist to join our digital team as a Digital Reporter. We’re looking for someone who is proactive about finding and telling great stories. The ideal candidate has several years’ experience reporting and writing in the digital space and is able to develop and execute their own story ideas, as well as execute assignments given to them. The digital reporter will be expected to deliver clean copy that requires minimal editing and to edit others’ copy with a close eye for detail. A firm understanding of the South and the primary areas of G&G focus (food and drink, home and garden, arts & culture, music, travel, and sporting) is a must.
The position reports to the Chief Digital Officer.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Write and edit articles, briefs, display copy, and other items for digital platforms, including the web site, newsletters, and social media.
• On an everyday and ongoing basis, seek interesting stories for G&G to pursue, including reacting to breaking news, highlighting trends and personalities, devising new ways of covering annual events, creating evergreen explainers, and more.
• Conceive ideas to produce yourself and to assign to others.
• Edit items written by other staff members, freelancers, and the G&G marketing team.
• Help maintain the digital content calendar, identifying urgently needed daily articles and planning smart seasonal and evergreen articles.
• Work with the G&G integrated marketing team to shape and edit branded content ideas.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
• 3+ years of full-time experience in various writing and editing roles
• Keen attention to detail and deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Collaborative team player
For immediate consideration please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: Marketing Copy Manager
The person will coordinate all G&G marketing copy projects, including planning, execution, and evaluation
Job Opening: Digital Sales Coordinator
The position will help execute digital marketing programs for our advertising partners and work to engage and grow the brand’s audience
Job Opening: Senior Events Manager
The position is focused on executing all aspects of G&G events
Arts & Culture
Boone, North Carolina: A Hippie Town with a (Serious) Football Problem
One local’s take on Appalachian State’s gridiron success—and why this mountain town just might win you over
The Southerners’ Big Fall Reading List
G&G editors and contributors share what books to cozy up with this autumn
Six Coveted Fall Bourbon Releases—and Alternative Sips to Try
While scoring a hard-to-find bottle is a thrill, there’s a wealth of flavors to explore