Job Opening: Digital Reporter
The position is focused on writing and editing daily stories, as well as longer-term articles and other content, for G&G digital platforms
Garden & Gun seeks an enterprising and energetic journalist to join our digital team as a Digital Reporter. We’re looking for someone who is proactive about finding and telling great stories. The ideal candidate has several years’ experience reporting and writing in the digital space and is able to develop and execute their own story ideas, as well as execute assignments given to them. The digital reporter will be expected to deliver clean copy that requires minimal editing and to edit others’ copy with a close eye for detail. A firm understanding of the South and the primary areas of G&G focus (food and drink, home and garden, arts & culture, music, travel, and sporting) is a must.
The position reports to the Chief Digital Officer.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Write and edit articles, briefs, display copy, and other items for digital platforms, including the web site, newsletters, and social media.
• On an everyday and ongoing basis, seek interesting stories for G&G to pursue, including reacting to breaking news, highlighting trends and personalities, devising new ways of covering annual events, creating evergreen explainers, and more.
• Conceive ideas to produce yourself and to assign to others.
• Edit items written by other staff members, freelancers, and the G&G marketing team.
• Help maintain the digital content calendar, identifying urgently needed daily articles and planning smart seasonal and evergreen articles.
• Work with the G&G integrated marketing team to shape and edit branded content ideas.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
• 3+ years of full-time experience in various writing and editing roles
• Keen attention to detail and deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Collaborative team player
For immediate consideration please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: Special Events Producer (Temporary/Independent Contractor)
The person will assist with planning, producing, and executing G&G special events and experiences
Job Opening: Producer
The position is focused on producing digital content for the website, newsletters, and social media
Job Opening: Integrated Marketing Coordinator
The person in the position will coordinate and execute marketing programs for G&G brand extensions
Food & Drink
The Mad Scientist of Pawpaws
Largely the domain of foragers, the biggest edible fruit in the South has mostly been forgotten. A quietly obsessed Quaker from West Virginia has made it his life’s mission to change that
Food & Drink
How an Award-Winning Pastry Chef Doctors Up Boxed Cornbread
Even Kelly Fields whips up a box of Jiffy every once in a while. Here’s how she makes the store-bought stuff her own
Arts & Culture
The Top-of-2021 Reading List for Southerners
G&G contributors, editors, and Southern book lovers share new releases and old favorites to read right away this year—and a couple forthcoming releases already on preorder