Job Opening: Digital Reporter
The position is focused on writing and editing daily stories, as well as longer-term articles and other content, for G&G digital platforms
Garden & Gun seeks an enterprising and energetic journalist to join our digital team as a Digital Reporter. We’re looking for someone who is proactive about finding and telling great stories. The ideal candidate has several years’ experience reporting and writing in the digital space and is able to develop and execute their own story ideas, as well as execute assignments given to them. The digital reporter will be expected to deliver clean copy that requires minimal editing and to edit others’ copy with a close eye for detail. A firm understanding of the South and the primary areas of G&G focus (food and drink, home and garden, arts & culture, music, travel, and sporting) is a must.
The position reports to the Chief Digital Officer.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Write and edit articles, briefs, display copy, and other items for digital platforms, including the web site, newsletters, and social media.
• On an everyday and ongoing basis, seek interesting stories for G&G to pursue, including reacting to breaking news, highlighting trends and personalities, devising new ways of covering annual events, creating evergreen explainers, and more.
• Conceive ideas to produce yourself and to assign to others.
• Edit items written by other staff members, freelancers, and the G&G marketing team.
• Help maintain the digital content calendar, identifying urgently needed daily articles and planning smart seasonal and evergreen articles.
• Work with the G&G integrated marketing team to shape and edit branded content ideas.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
• 3+ years of full-time experience in various writing and editing roles
• Keen attention to detail and deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Collaborative team player
For immediate consideration please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: General Manager, Garden & Gun Club in Atlanta
The person will be responsible for guiding the dining experience and operations at our restaurant in Atlanta
Job Opening: Garden & Gun Fieldshop Store Manager
The person will be responsible for managing the store, including customer satisfaction, sales, and staffing
Job Opening: Marketing Copywriter
The person will create engaging copy for use across all Garden & Gun platforms
Food & Drink
A State-by-State Guide to the South’s 35 Best Oysters
Oyster experts from around the South weigh in on their favorite oysters, by state
Food & Drink
How an Award-Winning Pastry Chef Doctors Up Boxed Cornbread
Even Kelly Fields whips up a box of Jiffy every once in a while. Here’s how she makes the store-bought stuff her own
Five Out-of-the-Way Spring Break Escapes
Remote Southern retreats to help you unwind and unplug