Job Opening: Executive Assistant to the Vice President and Publisher
The person will play a critical role in the day-to-day affairs of Garden & Gun’s Publisher, sales team, and Marketing departments
Note: This position is no longer open
Garden & Gun Magazine is seeking an experienced, organized and energetic Executive Assistant to the VP and Publisher to join our Charleston-based team. This position supports the VP and Publisher and plays a critical role in the day-to-day affairs of the Publisher, sales team, and Marketing departments.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing sales support functions including handling requests for proposals, insertion orders, editorial credits, and client communication
• Arranging and facilitating monthly sales calls and conference calls
• Maintaining and arranging Publisher’s work and travel schedule
• Serving as first point of contact for sales team and clients
• Administrative tasks including answering phones, preparing timely expense reports, client gifting and mailings
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications and experience:
• Positive attitude with strong work ethic
• Natural problem solver
• Ability to work independently, multi-task and meet deadlines is essential
• Extreme attention to detail
• Superior organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Interest in magazine publishing is preferred
• Proficient in Office suite and InDesign preferred
• BA/BS Degree with 2-4 years relevant experience
For immediate consideration, please email your resume, cover letter and samples of your work to email@example.com.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the Spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina.
Welcome to G&G Reads, Our New Book Club
Our book club highlights the best of the South’s new books with exclusive author interviews, opportunities to ask your own questions, and insider conversations about the stories behind the stories.
GARDEN & GUN PRESENTS
Five-Word Dog Stories
We asked readers to tell us their sweetest, silliest, and shortest canine tales. Here are illustrated versions of some of our favorites.
Job Opening: Marketing Copy Manager
The person will coordinate all G&G marketing copy projects, including planning, execution, and evaluation
Best Southern Soup Recipes
A roundup of classic and modern dishes to celebrate the season—from gumbo to bisque and everything in between
Five Unique State Park Stays in the South
From cozy Texas cabins to a yurt in Virginia, these lodging options show how state parks have been upping their games
Food & Drink
Southern Kitchen Essentials According to Nathalie Dupree
In her downsizing move from Charleston to Raleigh, the celebrated Southern chef got down to the basics