Job Opening: Gallery Assistant (Temporary)
The person will provide an excellent visitor experience for guests at the temporary art gallery in the G&G offices
Note: This position is no longer open.
Garden & Gun seeks an individual to provide an excellent visitor experience for guests visiting the temporary art gallery within the G&G offices. The perfect candidate will deliver high standards of visitor service by using their knowledge of the exhibition, and communicating this enthusiastically with the skills and passion needed to do so effectively, while ensuring public safety and security of the building and its contents.
Dates of work: Weekend days (Friday – Sunday) from Thursday, February 10 through Sunday, April 3rd.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Proactively welcome and support visitors in the gallery
• Politely enforce gallery rules
• Appropriately direct or handle phone calls
• Take appropriate action, according to training provided, in an emergency
• Support the Events team with additional projects, including general research, requesting quotes from businesses, and other general office tasks
Successful candidate will possess the following qualities/skills/abilities:
• Brand familiarity with Garden & Gun
• Experience of working with the public in a visitor-facing role
• Friendly, helpful and enthusiastic disposition
• Available and willing to work weekends
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the Spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.