Job Opening: Newsletter Editor
The person will be involved in all aspects of G&G editorial newsletter operations, including writing, editing, production, and strategy
Garden & Gun seeks an enterprising and energetic journalist to join our digital team as a Newsletter Editor. The position is focused on all aspects of G&G editorial newsletter operations, from strategy to production. The editor will be expected to conceive, write, edit, and produce high-quality, engaging digital newsletters for the G&G audience. The person must have robust experience with editorial newsletters, as well as strong writing and editing skills. A firm understanding of the South and the primary areas of G&G focus (food and drink, home and garden, arts & culture, music, travel, and sporting life) is also required. Our current editorial newsletter lineup consists of Talk of the South, the Skillet, and Good Hunting.
The position reports to the Chief Digital Officer.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Brainstorm and collaboratively determine timely topics for newsletters and create long-term and short-term schedules for newsletters
• Compile, write, edit, and produce G&G‘s editorial newsletters, working independently as well as closely with G&G editors and freelancers when needed
• Write compelling subject lines and display copy
• Perform A/B testing when possible to maximize engagement
• Closely monitor key metrics to help inform ongoing newsletter strategy
• Help develop ways to gain new subscribers and re-engage inactive subscribers
• Work on overall digital best practices to help improve all G&G newsletters, including non-editorial newsletters
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
• 3+ years of direct experience in editorial newsletters, including a firm understanding of newsletter production systems
• Demonstrated familiarity and consumption of daily and weekly editorial newsletters, as well as knowledge of newsletter trends
• Keen attention to detail and deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Collaborative team player
For immediate consideration please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun, that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: Events Director
The position will lead all aspects of planning and executing G&G events at the highest level
Welcome to G&G Reads, Our New Book Club
Our book club highlights the best of the South’s new books with exclusive author interviews, opportunities to ask your own questions, and insider conversations about the stories behind the stories.
GARDEN & GUN PRESENTS
Five-Word Dog Stories
We asked readers to tell us their sweetest, silliest, and shortest canine tales. Here are illustrated versions of some of our favorites.
Head On Over to “Reba’s Place”
Country superstar Reba McEntire is set to open an intimate music venue in her Oklahoma hometown
The Wild South
The Holy Grails of Southern Shells
Scouring a beach for seashells? Keep an eye out for these three prized—and gorgeous—finds
Food & Drink
The Art of the Tampa Cuban
A Tampa native dishes on the city’s most famous sandwich—and what it takes to make it