Job Opening: Part-Time Marketing Designer
Candidates should have experience producing content across all media platforms
Note: This position is no longer open.
Garden & Gun seeks a smart, creative, and eager team player to join the Marketing department part-time as a designer. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and has superior design skills. Candidate should have experience producing content across all media platforms, including print, digital, social, and experiential. A clear understanding of magazine branding is required, and magazine and media experience is preferred. This position will assist in procuring estimates and developing budgets. Applicant should be comfortable working collaboratively under tight deadlines. This is an opportunity for the ideal candidate to showcase excellent design skills while joining a dynamic brand that values creativity and innovation.
The position reports to the Creative Director, Marketing.
• Create graphics and design layouts for print, digital, social, and experiential platforms
• Collaborate with Marketing, Editorial, and brand extensions to support campaigns with design solutions
• Establish and implement production schedules
• Supervise and execute all project production needs with precision and attention to detail, while working with vendors best suited for the project
• Assist in developing and adhering to creative budgets
• Acquire print estimates
• Work with the accounting department to file all department invoices and expense reports
• Keep all files and content meticulously organized, properly named, and up-to-date on the design server
• 1-2 years design experience within a magazine or agency environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Communications Design
• Highly proficient in Adobe CC – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Proven strong attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work at a high level while managing multiple projects
• Exceptional command of graphic design fundamentals, typography, grids, layout, color and the ability to communicate ideas through graphics, photography or illustration
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on being collaborative and efficient
• Adept at studio skills – creating physical comps, mockups and short-run printed materials
• Experience in illustration, photography, video production, and web design highly desired
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is a lifestyle brand anchored by its award-winning national magazine, Garden & Gun that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. With a national audience of more than one million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. The publication was launched in the Spring of 2007. The company and editorial team are headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with advertising sales offices across the United States.
Garden & Gun Magazine, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer in all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement.
Job Opening: Digital Sales Coordinator
The position will help execute digital marketing programs for our advertising partners and work to engage and grow the brand’s audience
Job Opening: Senior Events Manager
The position is focused on executing all aspects of G&G events
Job Opening: Designer, Marketing
The position will focus on designing content across all media platforms
Food & Drink
A State-by-State Guide to the South’s 35 Best Oysters
Oyster experts from around the South weigh in on their favorite oysters, by state
Food & Drink
How an Award-Winning Pastry Chef Doctors Up Boxed Cornbread
Even Kelly Fields whips up a box of Jiffy every once in a while. Here’s how she makes the store-bought stuff her own
Five Out-of-the-Way Spring Break Escapes
Remote Southern retreats to help you unwind and unplug